Whether you are new to the vaping scene or an old hand with all the tips and tricks, there’s always something to learn about disposable vapes. Although these devices used to have a reputation for providing a less-than-optimal experience, it’s no longer the case.
Disposables have come a long way since they were first introduced to the world. According to a government report, tank models with prefilled cartridges have increased from 17.6% in 2019 to 34.2% in 2020, and this trend continues to go upward.
Especially ideal for beginners, disposable vapes are affordable and simple to use. They are portable too – you can put one in your pocket or purse. Since they are small, more discreet, and quieter than other types of vape.
If these benefits weren’t enough to bowl you over, here are more that would help seal the deal:
- No setup is required. The disposable device is ready to use immediately once taken out of the packaging.
- Unlike other models, disposables are made to give an exact dose of flavor for each drag. Those with variable settings could produce a different type of hit if you aren’t familiar with them.
- Some disposable devices don’t need a charger either, so they’re always on and ready to go when you are.
Though vaping continues to surge in popularity, many are still unaware of the most common mistakes to avoid when buying a disposable vape. Read on to learn about them.
1. Failing to do enough research
With such a wide variety of vaping products available, you might have difficulty deciding which product you should get. It’s important not to make any hasty purchases so you won’t regret it. Take your time to explore all your options.
You’ll come across many different flavors, devices, and designs, including the Black Ice Fume vape. But before you take your pick, do your research. You can check out online articles, speak with a local vape store employee, or join a forum for disposable vapes.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself while doing your research and considering your options:
- Which disposable vape is most ideal for me? Figure out what you want from a disposable vape, such as the battery size, flavors, and nicotine strength.
- Which disposable vape lasts longer? Plenty of companies boast long-lasting disposable vapes. You can determine how long a disposable vape might last by checking e-liquid and battery capacity numbers.
- Can disposable vape make big clouds? Many manufacturers used to design disposable vapes suitable for mouth-to-lung (MTL) users. So, using them was similar to drawing on a traditional cigarette. But now, disposable-style vape pens that can form large clouds are marketed toward direct-to-lung (DTL) users.
By learning more about each product, you’ll know which piques your interest and meets your needs.
2. Impulse buying
You might stumble across a great deal or like the color or flavor of a vape that a local store advertises, but you shouldn’t rush out and buy it immediately. Disposable vapes are already inexpensive, but there are a lot of cheaper, less optimal, or defective products that flood the market.
If this is your first time buying a device, go for one based on the puff count and flavor selection. However, a device with a higher number of puffs will have a bigger size, so it’s less portable than one with a lower number of puffs.
Feel free to buy any flavor you’re curious about if you want to experience vaping and learn how it works. You can try a few different flavors to find one that appeals to you the most. Below are some of the most popular ones to try:
- Fruity flavors like watermelon
- Cooling menthol
- Cotton Candy
- Smooth Tobacco
Of course, various combinations of these flavors are available, making it even more exciting. So, whether you prefer a more traditional flavor like smooth tobacco or a more exotic one like apple berry mint, there will be a flavor combination available that will tantalize your tastebuds.
3. Neglecting to check the battery life
Nothing is more frustrating than wanting to take a drag from your device only to realize its battery has run out of power. Depending on the delivery method and size of the vaping device, there could be a massive difference in battery life that will affect your experience.
Smaller devices will naturally have less battery life than their larger counterparts, but you might find yourself torn between a bulkier device or a small-sized one. If stronger battery life is essential to you, then you’ll have to be ready to carry a less pocketable one.
4. Buying a device with the incorrect nicotine level and type
E-cigarettes and other disposable vapes have varying nicotine levels, from 0 to 18 mg. Hence, one of the essential aspects to check before buying is the level and type of nicotine a device uses, like nicotine salts.
The nicotine strength and taste the nicotine leaves in the mouth may be deciding factors. Too much nicotine could lead to nausea or a bitter taste in your mouth, while too little could leave you wanting more from each drag.
Most vapers usually start with a lower or zero nicotine level when buying their first disposable vape. Later, they try a higher level they’re most comfortable with.
5. Shopping for popular flavors or devices
Falling into the trap of purchasing items only because others are doing so is something many people do when trying disposable vapes for the first time. According to research, people are generally easily influenced by their peers, which could affect their purchasing behavior.
Rather than following what others do, select a device that’s fit for you. For instance, do you prefer draw-activated or push-button activation? Which shape and color do you fancy?
6. Not following the instructions regarding the proper use
Each disposable vape will have instructions from the manufacturer on how to use and take care of the device. Not following them can ruin your experience or make you give up.
Below are some of the standard operating instructions you should be aware of:
- Carefully remove the device from its packaging to prevent any damage to the device.
- Check that the device is in good working order by pressing its button to activate it. If there’s an indicator light, ensure it lights up when the button is pressed.
- Compare the contents of the packaging with the list of components to see whether the manufacturer included everything.
- Put the mouthpiece between your lips and draw in the vapor. Let the mist slowly fill your mouth, to savor the flavors before inhaling.
- Never attempt to open or refill the disposable cartridge on your own.
- Don’t tinker or tweak the interior part of the disposable vape device unless the manufacturer states otherwise.
- Don’t buy disposable vapes from an informal source. Make purchases only from a reputable, credited dealer.
- Keep the mouthpiece and the rest of the device clean and free from debris by wiping it with a soft, damp cloth.
- Never store or operate the device near an open flame or extreme heat.
Keeping these basic instructions in mind will help maintain the device and prevent common issues, such as lack of flavor and small clouds.
Disposable vapes are convenient and enjoyable to use. You can bring them anywhere you go and relish different flavors. However, you should avoid these mistakes when searching for the right disposable vape. After all, being prepared and well-informed will make vaping a more pleasurable experience with each drag.